When you’re passionate about travel, not being able to leave your house to actually do it will drive you nuts. Whether you’re experiencing a lock-down or self-quarantine (or you’re reading this in 2021, and you’re too broke to travel), you still can relieve that wanderlust itch.
Satiate that wanderlust through armchair travel! Lots of folks now are virtually traveling around the globe, until they are ready to hop back on an airplane.
To help fuel your travel dreams, I’ve curated a variety of armchair travel favorites…
1. Enjoy the hidden worlds of U.S. National Parks.
2. If you like to hike, go on a virtual trek! From Petra to Everest Base Camp to Manitoba, there is something for everybody.
3. Experience the collections of top museums from around the world, including virtual tours of the British Museum, the Louvre, the Vatican Museum, or the Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History.
4. If you love animals, have fun watching various live cams, such as the ones at the San Diego Zoo and the Monterrey Bay Aquarium.
5. For all your Disney nuts (like me!), TouringPlans and Inside the Magic have excellent YouTube channels where you can virtually ride all the rides and experience all of the fun of Walt Disney World and Disneyland.